New Announcements for 3/16/16:
- A special THANK YOU to all who gave to the offering on Thursday night at Finch Auditorium. Your contributions paid almost the full amount of the rental of the auditorium. THANK YOU!!!
MPA IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
we are still looking for someone to pull the instrument trailer tomorrow.
if you can help please let Cindy know TODAY ASAP! Thank you!
Here is the schedule for this Thursday, March 17th, MPA in Lenoir.
***Concert attire required***
NDHS Band MPA Schedule
8:00 am – 11:00 am Rehearse in the band room
11:00 am – Leave for Lenoir
Stop and eat lunch along the way (kids will need money for lunch)
2:00 pm – Arrive in Lenoir to hear a couple of performances
4:00 pm – Prepare to go to warm up room
4:35 pm – Warm up room
5:20 pm – Performance
6:20 pm – Watch Reagan
7:200 pm – Leave for home
Stop and eat along the way (Golden Corral) in Hickory
10:00 pm – Return to NDHS
***Concert attire required***
The band will be eating dinner at the Golden Corral in Hickory before returning home. The cost of this meal is $13 per person. Students will need to send in a check or cash by Wednesday of this week to cover the cost of the meal. Checks need to be made out to NDBB. Please put in the black box in the band room.
***They will need money for lunch. They will stop at fast food places on the way to Lenoir.
Parents that will be attending the MPA and will be eating at Golden Corral can pay for their meal ahead of time as well via check/cash. Collecting the money ahead and paying as a large group (90 people) makes it quicker to go through the line.
Parents if you are planning on going, please let me know as I have to confirm our head count with Golden Corral on Wednesday.
For those going with the band, the address is:
J.E. Broyhill Civic Center
1913 Hicory Blvd SE
Lenoir, NC 28645
Address for Golden Corral:
1053 Lenoir-Rhyne Blvd
Hickory, NC 28602
Here are highlights from our March 3rd meeting. Please read carefully.
- Zumbathon, Friday, April 1st from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm in the NDHS gym. Need a couple of volunteers to help collect money and hand out tickets. (Volunteers would need to be there by 5:30 pm)
· Texas Roadhouse 10% Night has been canceled at this time.
· Battle of the Bands, Friday, April 15th at 6:30 pm at Oak Forest United Methodist Church, HWY 52 in Midway. Will need volunteers to help set up, clean up, serve food, and make desserts. More specific details to come.
· Reminder that Band Fees are due: $40 Spring Fees; $25 Instrumental Rental if your child plays a school instrument. If fall fees have not been paid, please make a payment.
· Spring Banquet (for all marching and concert band) – May 12th at 6 pm in the NDHS Cafeteria
o Southern Lunch will Cater: stuffed chicken breast, ham, creamed potatoes, macaroni-n-cheese, green beans, dessert (cake, cobbler or banana pudding), roll, tea and lemonade
o Cost is $10 per person (regardless of age)
o Reservations must be made and monies paid by April 29th.
o Armbands will be issued once reservations are confirmed.
· DCI (Drum Corp International) is coming to WFU on July 31st
o Email was sent about discount tickets (must order 20 tickets to get discount)
o Only 6 people responded that they wanted tickets (most folks wanted the middle section with backs – discounts do not apply to those seats
· Volunteer Hours for Students: Reminder that March 18th is the very last day this year that students can turn in volunteer hours to receive awards for this year.
o March 15th – Full Band practice after school until 5 pm (to prepare for MPA)
o March 17th – NDHS MPA
- More details to come
- Need parents to follow the bus and help as needed
- Need parent to pull the instrument trailer
o March 19th – Welcome Easter Parade
- Parade starts at 3 pm
- Band meet at school at 2 pm to dress (bibs, shoes, gloves)
o March 24th – NDMS MPA
o April 1st – Zumbathon (see notes above)
o April 15th – Battle of the Bands (see notes above)
o April 23rd – Solo Ensemble/Jazz Festival at Reagan HS
o April 29th – All State Band, Chapel hill
o May 6th – Jazz MPA
o May 12th – Spring Banquet(see notes above)
o May 23-27 – Spring Concert will be sometime this week
o June 11th – Graduation (band will play for graduation)
Thank you for visiting the home of the North Davidson High School Marching Black Knights!
Nominating Committee Announcements:
- Nominating Committee is working to fill the following positions. If you are interested or know of someone that you would like to volunteer please let me know. If you would like more information about a positon, please ask!
Sergeant at Arms
Fundraising (Craig will do the fruit sale only)
Band Camp Meal Planning (Gail Motsinger will continue but needs someone to shadow)
Middle School Liaison for Oak Grove
Band Festival Heads (need 3-4)
NOTE: Anyone taking these positons will have someone to help guide them and help get them started.
- Please look in the "Useful Info" Navigation Tab above for directions to games & competitions, links to useful sites, documents, etc.
- The "sheet music & tracks" navigation tab above has click tracks to the marching music & sheet music for all music parts for the students.
Band Boosters Meeting will be held every second Thursday of the month at 7pm in the NDHS band room.
20% of FESTIVAL AD SALES will be credited back to your student's fees.