ALL band students are required to attend!
Camp will be held Monday through Thursday from 8am to 8:30pm (lunch & dinner will be provided) and on Friday from 8am to 5pm (only lunch will be provided).
All forms and fees are due by the first day of band camp. If you have not done so, please make sure to drop these off or send them with your students on Monday.
Items needed for Camp:
- Lyre for your student’s particular instrument
- Flip folder with extra pages
- 3 ring binder with page protectors
- Sunscreen/insect repellent
- Comfortable clothing such as t-shirt and shorts. School dress code followed. No bare midriffs.
- Tennis shoes and socks - NO FLIP FLOPS FOR MARCHING! Shoes will be removed when entering the church building - you may wear socks or flip flops when inside.
- EXTRA socks
- Sunscreen and Hat optional
- Extra clean shirt and deodorant are advised
Additional helpful information:
- Be sure your student is drinking plenty of water.
- Have your student eat at least a small breakfast before coming to camp.
- If your child has any allergies, especially those requiring that he/she carry an epipen, please let us know.
- If your child has asthma & may require a rescue inhaler, please let us know and make sure they have it with them.
Band Camp Information and Volunteer Opportunities:
During this week we will be feeding the students and instructors both lunch and dinner as well as 2 scheduled snacks throughout the day (with the exception of supper on the last day of camp). We are one of the few groups that have continued with this tradition. We realize that adequate nutrition and hydration enables our kids to stay focused and maintain an adequate energy level needed to survive and have a fun and productive camp experience.
We can always use volunteers to assist with the preparation/serving of meals and snacks.
Volunteers are also needed to help with the clean-up after meals and at the end of each day. Please contact Gail Motsinger, Tanya Parks, Cindy Leonard, Crystal Debusk or Meghan Palombo if you would like to volunteer.
You are always welcome to drop in for lunch or to visit your student. They are proud of what they learn in a short period of time and appreciate your interest and participation.
Band Camp Donations Needed: We can always use various types of fruit (bananas, cantaloupe, grapes etc…), Muffins, Individually Wrapped Snacks, Cakes and Cookies, Gatorade (powder mix), 2 or 3 liter sodas, and bottled water.
During Band Camp we begin collecting our “stock pile” of Bottled Water, Individually Wrapped Snacks, Crackers, Cakes, and Cookies, Canned Drinks (any variety) and 2 or 3 Liter Drinks (any variety). These items can be brought by the band room throughout marching season and stored as well. The kids are offered a snack and canned soda or water during the third quarter at football games, after competition performances, and parades. Any items you may be able to contribute are always greatly appreciated by all….but especially the kids.